Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Capital one does not value their customers

@tryme wrote:

What is a GW?   SD?   BT?      I'm still somewhat of a newbie...   Thanks!

GW  good will

SD sock drawer

BT balance transfer 

Message 12 of 29
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@tryme wrote:

No worries. We're all here to help one another. Smiley Happy

GW - Goodwill letter. Letter sent to a lender asking to forgive a derog on one of their accounts.

SD - Sockdrawer. Term used for cards not actively used anymore for various reasons.

BT - Balance Transfer. Transferring the balance of one card to another (usually because of 0% APR).

Hope that helps!

Message 13 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@tryme wrote:

GW - Goodwill letter. Letter sent to a lender asking to forgive a derog on one of their accounts.

SD - Sockdrawer. Term used for cards not actively used anymore for various reasons.

BT - Balance Transfer. Transferring the balance of one card to another (usually because of 0% APR).

Hope that helps!

Abbreviations are provided in the helpful threads link. I think it would help a lot if the list of abbreviations had their own sticky, since right now its kinda hidden and these questions pop up soo frequently.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@red259 wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@tryme wrote:

Hope that helps!

Abbreviations are provided in the helpful threads link. I think it would help a lot if the list of abbreviations had their own sticky, since right now its kinda hidden and these questions pop up soo frequently.

It does, under the User Guidelines and General Information Forum

Message 15 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ive read that Capital One is one of the most difficult lenders when it comes to granting GW requests. I dont have personal experience with them but I do with a Utility so I certainly understand the frustration. Going through that experience is one of the most influential points in my life when it comes to dealing with payments, it taught me a valuable lesson. Some are forgiving, others arent but at the end of the day its my responsibility.
Message 16 of 29
Jamielei24
Contributor

Wow! I take full responsibility for my one and only 30d late with capital one. In the month I was late I was transition job titles from CNA to RN and was out of work while awaiting orientation since my job tittle changed. Paying rent seemed more of a priority at the time.  In that time I had missed my capital one I also missed my amazon payment. GE was more then happy to remove the 30d late. Again the only time I have been late on any cards since opening my accounts. This is the only baddie hanging on my reports now and just frustrating. I paid the price. My credit score took a big hit. It has taken a year to get back to where I was. 

I was 5 days late not 5 years. ugh. At the end of the day I'm very grateful that GE was so gracious and just wish that Capital One would have extended the same generosity. 

Equifax 720 (myfico 06/09/14 upgraded)
TU 730 (myfico 06/06/14), TU 730 (Walmart 06/03/14)
Experian 727 (myfico 06/06/14), Experian 712 (PLUS) 06/06/14

NFCU Flagship $17,500, Chase Slate $7,500, Citibank Simplicity $2,400, Capitol One QS $3,750, Walmart $3,000, Old Navy Store Card $3,000, Amazon Store Card $2,000, Target Red Card $1,000, Victoria Secret $1,070, Red Canoe Credit Union (my personal CCU) $2,000
Message 17 of 29
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Could you PM me the EO email address.  I'm gonna give it a go for a 30 day late that was in 2011. Smiley Very Happy

It would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the bad luck Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 29
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Jamielei24 wrote:

Emailed the EO yesterday with a rather carefully worded statement and attached my 1st gw letter. just received a call and I'm thinking wahoo!!.... Nope got an earful about ethical blah  and being a good credit company and reporting accurate info. But she just felt that she needed to follow up with me.

well that's that grrr! Won't be using that card ever ever again. In fact I will be BT it soon!

For a 5 day late, that's crazy. I thought they don't usually report unless it's 30 days late. I'd try to email them again, maybe you'll get someone nicer. If that doesn't work, I can dig up a fax number for you tomorrow. Just remind me.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 19 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Jarnog wrote:

Could you PM me the EO email address.  I'm gonna give it a go for a 30 day late that was in 2011. Smiley Very Happy

It would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the bad luck Smiley Sad

google "Capital One CEO Email Address" believe it's the first one.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.