Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Title

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Title

My Chapter 13 bankruacy was discharge at the end of 2005. There was a vehicle loan involved in the bankruacy. How do I get the title from the bank that I had the loan with? Help Please!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Title

Dem,
Did you surrender the car during the Chapt 13 or was it included as part of the secured debt repayment in the plan.  If the car was not surrendered as collateral and you paid the Chapt 13 according to the plan, the loan company should send you the title free and clear.  You should be able to write to the loan company and provide a copy of the discharge papers and the papers showing that the loan was part of the chapt 13 and request the titel.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, my car was included in my Chapter 13. I will be sending a letter tomorrow .Thank you again.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely, if the loan was secured on the vehicle and you don't pay then the car goes to the finance company?  Then you BK yourself out of the amount left over between the total of the loan and what the finance company sold the car for.

Or maybe I misunderstood and that the chapter 13 reorganized your debt so that your payments changed but you still paid the full amount owed?  In any case I can't see a lender settling for less than it was owed without taking the car... unless they did some kind of good will thing ????

If the loan was not secured on the vehicle then they shouldn't have the title to begin with.  I'd be careful here. You may wake up one morning to see your car being towed down the street.  Maybe better to let sleeping dogs lay ?????

Message Edited by htc on 04-20-2007 02:11 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.