Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card never activated!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card never activated!!!

Hi all! Brand new here and am inspired to start fixing my bad credit. Started with step 1 and pulled my report and what did I find????

A card that I applied for and recieved last year. I never used it one time, never called to activate it, and never made a single payment.

Still, it is showing as 120 late for a balance of $300. (this card had an annual fee that I never paid because I never used the card - that's where the initial charge and subsequent late charges were incurred.)

Can they make me pay 300 bucks and damage my credit if i never used, let alone ACTIVATED the card?!?!?!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card never activated!!!

Did they NEVER send you a statement?

If you would have called in 30 to 90 days this would not be an issue. You need to read the Terms and Conditions from your APPLICATION to see what you can do.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all! Brand new here and am inspired to start fixing my bad credit. Started with step 1 and pulled my report and what did I find????
A card that I applied for and received last year. I never used it one time, never called to activate it, and never made a single payment.
Still, it is showing as 120 late for a balance of $300. (this card had an annual fee that I never paid because I never used the card - that's where the initial charge and subsequent late charges were incurred.)
Can they make me pay 300 bucks and damage my credit if i never used, let alone ACTIVATED the card?!?!?!

Message 2 of 4
dizzier
Established Contributor

i have no clue, but have you tried reading your terms and conditions?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally...Amex for instance would write off the balance for goodwill, especially if the card was never used.  Charging people for something they never used?  Not a good practice. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.