Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that *don't* auto reject for unpaid collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cards that *don't* auto reject for unpaid collections

I've gotten approved for two cards on Efax which has a paid collection and a 6 1/2 year old CO from Cap1, and for one Card (Hooters) where I have two unpaid collections (from 6 1/2 year old debts, yep 6 1/2 years ago was a bad time).

I got turned down by Citibank for the delinquint unpaid account (assuming they mean the 'recent' Collections not the about-to-fall-off CO).

Do most cards decline for this reason? If not, which would you recommend>
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards that *don't* auto reject for unpaid collections

Most cards decline in general for recent collections. Old baddies 6-1/2 years old are very old and not sure if they will hold you back much. A recent collection will destroy most chances for prime cards. Work on removing any recent baddies. If you wait 6 more months you will see a nice change in scores when older stuff falls off. The part where you said recent collections was a bit scary. You should not have any recent collections. If in fact this is correct, having recent collections, it closes most doors. Try a pay for delete with collectors to delete collections. GW lenders to remove baddies. It is better to fix then try to work around with subprime lenders. If you are unable to fix, that's another story.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards that *don't* auto reject for unpaid collections

Well by recent I mean this;

#1 was assigned 11/05 for a CC that (according the them) went default in 11/01 and is scheduled to drop off in the end of June.

#2 was assigned in 5/03 for a Cell-Phone that went DOFD in 1/02 and is scheduled to drop off end of December.

So the debts are old and the 'newest' collection according to *assigned* date is 2 1/2 years old.

I have Settle-for-Delete on #2 based on it being way past SOL (2 years for cell-phones) and awaiting DV reply from #1 (as it has already been 18 days since the receipt I am doubting they are replying or removing. #1 it is almost not worth any kind of PFD since it is off in 3 months. Maybe $100 offer but that is it.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.