Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit first or auto loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit first or auto loan?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've done a lot of searching on the site to see if I could come up with an answer from some of the veterans on the board. I have been doing great rebuilding my credit.

Background:

I, as many young adults in college made a lot of dumb mistakes and learned that in life you need credit! I'm talking scores in the mid to high 400s and low 500s.

6 years ago I got a car from drive time paid it off and then 3 years ago I traded it in for a brand new Ford Mustang, however my interest rate was 13% with ALLY because my credit wasn't the best but I showed I was responsible with my drivetime car. So then 2 years ago I got a secured credit card from my bank BOA and it was low of only $300. They increased the limit earlier this year to only $900, but I was also approved earlier this year for a Capital One credit card with $3000 limit and then paypal credit card for $500. My car loan is on time and I keep my credit card utilization under 20%. 

I was gettting Preapproval card offers from AMEX blue everyday card and I applied and got denied. I wasn't sad, I knew it was a shot in the dark. But anyways I want to trade in my current vehicle for a  "new" used car from Carmax in december and I also want to get some more cosmetic surgery in April. I want to apply to care credit but I don't know if I should apply to them first or get my auto loan first. My fico8 score is 702

Scores are EX: 670

TU: 700

EQ:682

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Care Credit first or auto loan?

Generally speaking, you probably want to have bigger items like autos and home settled before you go out and seek additional credit as new credit accounts can have an impact on the terms you'd qualify for with a big ticket purchase and each % matters for such a balance.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.