Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit Mastercard Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit Mastercard Issue

My credit reports show the account as closed but it's open.  I called the issuer's automated line and the card is active.  Should I charge a small amount to allow it report in January or allow it to die?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keeping CareCredit Alive?

I should have posted here.... my card is showing closed on the credit report but it is active with $0 balance.  Should I charge a small amount and allow it to report or allow it to die?

Message 2 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I should have posted here.... my card is showing closed on the credit report but it is active with $0 balance.  Should I charge a small amount and allow it to report or allow it to die?

If it's posting as closed it's probably closed.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit Mastercard Issue

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit reports show the account as closed but it's open.  I called the issuer's automated line and the card is active.  Should I charge a small amount to allow it report in January or allow it to die?

Update: MyFico.com credit report shows it as closed.  I just pulled EX from EX, the account is active.  How does this happen ??

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It could possibly have been a simple keying error in  the preparation of monthly reporting.

Call the creditor and inquire as to whether the status of closed is reflected in their official records.

Until you get confirmation directly from the creditor, errors could explain any issues in any credit reporting.

Message 5 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

If you want to keep the Card try and spend $25 at the grocery store. See if it actually works! Nothing to lose trying is there?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they recently convert your original care credit card to the MC version? I recently learned that they close the original trade line and open a new line for the MC. Possible the new one will report soon but just a guess..
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.