Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit

The paperwork says credit card but I am thinking CFL... yes, I was just approved for one because of over $6K in dental work (co-pays alone).

How bad have I killed my longterm score if it's a CFL?  It will be paid off in a year at 0% interest.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CareCredit

If CC, then is it revolving? If revolving, it's not a CFL.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it reports as a cc your fine. I had Unicorn Financial for a dental loan and it reports as a cc which is what you want.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a CareCredit account in Sept.  Same reasons.

My account reports as revolving.
Message 4 of 16
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

My father has one and it shows as a revolving account. He also had dental work.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have CareCredit (cat needed $1500 surgery, it was a lifesaver). Mine showed up as GE Money bank. If you sign on to carecredit.com and go to your account you get redirected to GE. I have a physical credit card so I think it's a specialized CC.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone!!!

The agreement says 'credit card' but I heard the word GE Financial Services and almost fainted...CFLs tank scores.

It is GE MoneyBank so maybe a CC with a 7K limit (even if specialized) will help long term.

repay plan:

1st month 1/3 of balance
month 2&3 normal payments
month 4 half of remaining balance
months 5-7 normal payment
month 8 pay it off.

I can see my score tanking for this being maxxed out - I just paid off cards to get it up.... well, better than writing a check, I guess...

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 03-06-2008 06:30 PM
Message 7 of 16
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I have CareCredit....it reports under revolving.
takin' it one day at a time
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it is a CC, and you'll actually get a real, physical card for it.  It's not a CFL, so no worries.

Be careful with the terms, though.  Especially pay attention to the fact that if each purchase is not PIF before the end of the 0% period, interest will accrue retroactively from the date of the purchase.  The mininmum payments are typical of CCs (around 3% of the balance), so you can't expect to have it PIF by the end of the 0% period just making minimum payments.

Edited to add: I know you said you plan to have it paid off, but I was just giving the retroactive interest info just to put it out there.  Wasn't directed at anyone here. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-06-2008 10:24 PM
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ANother question:

Does this card automatically close once PIF - or does it stay 'open' for future use (thinking nice padding for util)????
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.