Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Study

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Case Study

I am bored and have a question in my head. I know that under FDCPA a debtor can request a CA to cease and desist "further" communication. The law is clear:
CEASING COMMUNICATION. If a consumer notifies a debt collector in writing that the consumer refuses to pay a debt or that the consumer wishes the debt collector to cease further communication with the consumer, the debt collector shall not communicate further with the consumer with respect to such debt
Since "any reporting to" and "pulling " of credit report have been both considered "collection activities," does it mean that a CA should stop reporting as well?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Case Study

no, the c&d only means they can't call you at home, work, on your cell, at the neighbors, etc.

you can do a full c&d, or a limited (ie. communication must be in writing at the following addy, as it's inconveinient as defined under the fdpca for me to receive phone calls) c&d.

i wish it were as simple as telling them to stop!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.