Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio Services Help!!

tag
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Cavalry Portfolio Services Help!!

This company sent me to their lawyer and got a judgement against me this was in 2005. This was a car that was repoed and they bought account from the original lender. It's a large amount. $12,000+  I have been working diligently on repairing my credit and have all other debts paid. This one is a kicker...I don't have a lump sum amount like that to pay them and while I was sending them 200.00 a month none of those payments were coming off of the total I owed them. I stumbled acrossed this site about a week ago and have learned so much! Wise Wise people come here. Does anyone have any suggestions in dealing with this?  Today I pulled all three reports and they are as follows:

TU 628
EQ 630
EX 645
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Services Help!!

They are supposed to update that on your credit as being paid on and the total owed should be decreasing. This happened to me also and what I did was sent a letter with all of the backup for all of the payments made to the credit bureaus and they had to have it updated in the system. I actually faxed it to them and that is just as efficient as mailing it to them. I hope this helps.
Message 2 of 4
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks for the help!!!
Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Cavalry seems to be fair to work with. I had couple of collection items from them. After paying the collection items, they removed the negative entries from all my credit reports. You might want to call them and talk to them. At least, I had a decent experience in dealing with them, unlike other CA's.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.