lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Celebrating $100k

Congrats, OP. Huge milestone.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! But I would like to know if the goal of having a LARGE CL is these forums about. I know that I didn't come here to seek advice on how to have a large CL. My goal was HOW to get my FICO score up from low 600s. I took great advice of many contributors and My FICO is at 750 now and I am very appreciative. I must be in the minority to have a CL of ONLY 58k with my last CC TL opened in 2009. I guess I must be old fashioned! LoL.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you're not old fashioned. Most people just get addicted to getting more and more and more. Don't get what you don't need and if your utilization is already low then there's no point in getting more credit available. That just masks the problem
Message 13 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats OP! But I would like to know if the goal of having a LARGE CL is these forums about. I know that I didn't come here to seek advice on how to have a large CL. My goal was HOW to get my FICO score up from low 600s. I took great advice of many contributors and My FICO is at 750 now and I am very appreciative. I must be in the minority to have a CL of ONLY 58k with my last CC TL opened in 2009. I guess I must be old fashioned! LoL.

Very large CLs are a goal for some people on here. Some say it's for utilization concerns (I question some of those claims) and others see it as a way to keep score (with others or themselves) in the credit "game".

I started out wanting to build some basic history, but have since gotten into the "game" of getting cards with travel perks and bonuses. Getting big CLs just for the sake of having them doesn't interest me.

Keep in mind that in an online forum, people are generally visible in proportion to their posting activity. A lot of members may share your priorities - they may just not post very often.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 23
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on coming so far in such a short amount of time, your progress is beyond incredible. It's always nice to have a goal but even better to achieve it. Looking forward to your post about hitting the big 800, which I have no doubt you will. Again I wish you a huge Congrats!!!!
Message 15 of 23
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

Congrats OP. You're moving far and fast.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 17 of 23
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well we all have our personal goals for whatever reason(s) we don't share on this forum. I don't know about others, but I know my reason and I can tell you I didn't come here to learn how to acheive a LARGE TCL. Regrdless of what you or others may think, it is something that makes me feel GREAT. I can now look back and measure how far I've come credit wise because I know there was  time when cats refuse to let me piss in their litter box.....not anymore if I can help it.

Anyway, thanks EVERYONE!!!

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

You go Doro! Congrats.. I know what you mean. There was a time I couldn't buy a mosquito a wrestling jacket on credit. Lol
We all must walk our own paths. I've never believed there was only one way to get to a destination. Get there the most enjoyable way for YOU.
Message 19 of 23
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success OP!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.