Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebrities and their FICO's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Celebrities and their FICO's

I was wondering how much pull celebs have with the ccc. For example, suppose Michael Jordan or Oprah Winfrey accidentally missed a payment on their cc, would the ccc report it to the bureau or give them a friendly reminder to pay and report it as on time? Or if the ccc did report it, are they powerful enough to threaten the cc into removing the late payment from their reports? After all, I would think no business would want to risk pissing off such high profile people as MJ and OW.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Celebrities and their FICO's

I could be wrong...but I think they look more at the SS# than the name.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

God knows how many people have the same name as some celebrity.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the movie "Maxed Out" it was stated that famous people's files are kept separate from ours....the common people.  They aren't graded the same as we are apparently.  I don't know if this is true as  I have never heard Oprah or any celebrity comment on their FICO scores.  Smiley Indifferent

SandyK

Message Edited by sankofa on 08-01-2007 09:48 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In the movie "Maxed Out" it was stated that famous people's files are kept separate from ours....the common people.  They aren't graded the same as we are apparently.  I don't know if this is true as  I have never heard Oprah or any celebrity comment on their FICO scores.  Smiley Indifferent

SandyK

I second this.  I, too, have heard that well-known people are treated differently within the credit system.  Separate files, etc...
Message 5 of 8
jwes2155
New Contributor

I am a finance manager in the auto industry,  and my dealership has sold cars to 3 pro athletes,  2mlb, 1nfl.  I know for a fact that pro athletes as soon as their drafted and become members of their respective leagues,  the leagues place fraud and security alerts on their files.  So right away when you pull their credit if you didn't know this person was a athlete you would know after seeing their credit,  because it states NFL security alert.  I don't know about other celebrities,  but athletes would be recognized by their credit.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

sankofa wrote:

SandyK

Wow. I've never seen this movie but I plan to. I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. What else did the movie say about this?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jwes2155 wrote:
I am a finance manager in the auto industry,  and my dealership has sold cars to 3 pro athletes,  2mlb, 1nfl.  I know for a fact that pro athletes as soon as their drafted and become members of their respective leagues,  the leagues place fraud and security alerts on their files.  So right away when you pull their credit if you didn't know this person was a athlete you would know after seeing their credit,  because it states NFL security alert.  I don't know about other celebrities,  but athletes would be recognized by their credit.

So did you take their credit histories into consideration, even though I'm sure they were able to pay in cash?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.