Highlighted
Established Member

Certegy

Who in the hell are these people. Ive read online they are a check approval company, For places like best buy. Well now I have a debt collection for 9 dollars from them on my credit. I do have a Best Buy C.C. Now here is the problem I dont write checks. NON I pay with my debt card. So how in the world could I have a bad debt from a check from this place..........
Established Contributor

Re: Certegy

Yeah, they are on my report for something that was reporting twice. It was also regarding a bounce check to Best Buy years ago.   I have disputed with them multiple times.  Zenith Acquisitions was also reporting this balance.  Since it was just 59.00, I paid the thing.  Zenith removed itself from all of my accounts, but I am waiting for Certegy to go away. After disputing them they went from showing a balance to showing a 0 balance charge off.  I last called them two weeks ago after speaking to Zenith again who said they would fax the info over to Certegy.  Certegy said it would take a few days.  I am not calling them again.  I disputed again with Equifax.  We will see what happens.  Good Luck with yours
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.