Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Recovery Systems Unauthorized to collect in the State of Ohio

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Certified Recovery Systems Unauthorized to collect in the State of Ohio

I just called and spoke with the Sec of States office and found out these scumbags are not registered to do business in the state of Ohio. They are showing on all 3 of my CRA's for a debt that is not mine due to ID theft. What can I do to get these people to remove this baddie or should I just file a complaint with the FTC and AG??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Certified Recovery Systems Unauthorized to collect in the State of Ohio

In my state unlicensed CA can not collect!!! they can not contact me in any way BUT  the state has nothing to due with CRA...that is federal....report to both AG & FTC  because of ID thieft I think FTC will work faster & harder.But that is just a guess.

I sent a fax to CRA  telling them that CA was illegal in my state but have no idea if they will do anything.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar situation when an item popped up on my DW CR.
I disputed it knowing that they would verify- This gave me the ammo I needed to get my AG involved.

He said to me "if they report - that could be an over sight, when the verified that are definitely trying to collect." I have no idea if there is any legal backup to this.

This was the outcome-

They settled with me for the amount we actually owed, removed from the DW CR, deleted all accounts from AZ credit reports and could either get licensed or go to jail .
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you finding out if they are authorized to collect in the State?  By calling State Department?
Message 4 of 6
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

In Ohio I had to call the Sec of States office to see if they were registered to due business in the State of Ohio. Depending on the state you may need to contact the Sec of Commerce office also.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where are you finding out if they are authorized to collect in the State? By calling State Department?

In AZ they have them right on a website.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.