Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes from 1 CRA affecting the other 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes from 1 CRA affecting the other 2

Two questions please. 1. If I disputed and achieved removal or change (to my benefit) of an account(s) by one CRA, do the other two CRA's have to remove or change same accounts also? If so, do I just need to show proof to the two CRA's from the CRA that made the changes? 2. Two CRA's show a judgment in their public records section but one CRA shows none. Can I somehow use this to convince the other 2 to remove it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changes from 1 CRA affecting the other 2

Other than Fraud Alerts- the CRA's do not communicate with each other or accept each others investigations-

If the data really was inaccurate - get on the phone with the OC and have them update- 

Diputing accurate Data is a myFICO TOS violation.

ozfar wrote:
Two questions please. 1. If I disputed and achieved removal or change (to my benefit) of an account(s) by one CRA, do the other two CRA's have to remove or change same accounts also? If so, do I just need to show proof to the two CRA's from the CRA that made the changes? 2. Two CRA's show a judgment in their public records section but one CRA shows none. Can I somehow use this to convince the other 2 to remove it?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Other than Fraud Alerts- the CRA's do not communicate with each other or accept each others investigations-

I thought this, too, but I recently disputed something on EX, and after that was successful, I decided to dispute it on the other two...but it had already disappeared from TU (with a hefty score jump to match, turning TU from my perennially lagging score into my mid-score). The item was still on the EQ report, so I initiated a dispute.

I've been trying to figure out what might have caused the disappearance of the item from TU, since it wasn't initiated by me.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I dispute something- It has been common (SOP) for the OC to mark the other CRA's disputed-

I just wish I could get them to remove the dispute staus on all 3 CRA's at the same time-

This has nothing to do with the CRA's communicating with eachother though.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought this, too, but I recently disputed something on EX, and after that was successful, I decided to dispute it on the other two...but it had already disappeared from TU (with a hefty score jump to match, turning TU from my perennially lagging score into my mid-score). The item was still on the EQ report, so I initiated a dispute.

I've been trying to figure out what might have caused the disappearance of the item from TU, since it wasn't initiated by me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.