cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to your Credit Report after receiving the Oasis Amex Card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes to your Credit Report after receiving the Oasis Amex Card...

Hello,

Once enrolled in the program, and you receive the card and activate it, how long did it take for the old chargeoff account to be changed, and how did it change? Was it deleted all-together? Any information would be really aprpeciated! Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Changes to your Credit Report after receiving the Oasis Amex Card...

I just got my Oasis card 2 days ago. I am still waiting to see how it is going to transpire on my CR.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CL will be 1200 and I will be using maybe 20 bucks a month for about  6 months, and letting it rest thereafter. Do you have any idea when you will request a GW from AMEX for your old account?

Message Edited by jjright212 on 01-16-2008 06:48 AM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any ideas? Im sure many people have done this...
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hang in there, we have some happy Oasis customers...Noah_Bodie pops into mind.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

kpaul212 wrote:

Once enrolled in the program, and you receive the card and activate it, how long did it take for the old chargeoff account to be changed, and how did it change? Was it deleted all-together? Any information would be really aprpeciated! Thanks!

Your experience may not mirror that of DW, but here it is for info purposes.

My advice is once you get the Oasis Optima, take a shot at getting a Green and maybe a Delta. The original open date on your default may carry over to the new cards. It happened for DW. This gives you more "aged" CCs instantly.

Once those new CCs are reporting to the 3 CRAs, then I would send a GW letter asking for deletion of the default.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of score would I need to get a new card like the Green or delta. I am right now hovering around 660-675 in all of my scores. Do you think I should apply immediately?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

kpaul212 wrote:
What type of score would I need to get a new card like the Green or delta. I am right now hovering around 660-675 in all of my scores. Do you think I should apply immediately?

You should easily qualify for both Green and Delta.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they do a hard hit or a soft hit when you have the Optima and apply for delta/green?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard. They almost always pull EX, and occassionally they also pull TU. DW applied for both Green and Delta same day, and it was just one EX INQ. They is fairly commonplace with AMEX. One INQ for the consideration of multiple CCs.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.