Did you mean: 

Charge-Off/Past Due Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-Off/Past Due Reporting

docfr8 wrote:
Hi,

I have an old BOA credit card account that was charged-off and closed by the bank in June 2004. However, BOA continue on a monthly basis to report the account with a past due balance even though it was charged off as bad debt..

Should I dispute the account with BOA or the credit bureaus, because the current past due status is seriously effecting my credit scores?

Thanks,

Before starting to correct your CR know your SOL
more detailed

Remember   every time that you dispute..the CRA notifies the creditor soooo if there is a baddie of any kind it is updated to the current date...that can cause your score to drop.....scores drop faster then they rise!

If ready to pay off any CO through the OC or CA...always do so by PFD!!!  The OC or CA must accept the terms in WRITTING...and it should be on their letterhead.

If you are not past SOL   any OC or CA can file suit!!!!!

Usually you would....dispute with CRA......send an OC letter or DV a CA......then PFD. Everyones sisuation is different.
You may send dispute & send a DV at the same time.....much has to do with what it is about and how old etc.

there are many ways to handle each situation..at times.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-04-2007 12:03 PM
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.