Frequent Contributor

Charge Off Twice?

Charge Off
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge Off Twice?

That is a good question,  I've been wondering that myself.

But if I was going to take a stab at it, I think that is just more of an accounting cycle that they report to the billing department for tax purpose that this debt is owed and will be charged off during their billing cycles.

But that is just speculation.  
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto too. I have 24 consecutive CO references on an old First Premier Acct between 2002 to 2004.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that one 2 of my items on my CR as well and it makes it look as if I just had it charged off again that month almost like you made a payment in there somewhere even when you didnt and I have some that were Charged off and then late the next month
Message 4 of 7
dizzier
Established Contributor

I think that is just for accounting purposes, but it looks like this account has been sold. what is the CA reporting?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

CA is not reporting. They violated my rights and agreed not to report it and has paid me compensation. I cant tell the name of the CA because of the confidentiality clause.

I thanks MYFICO experts though. They helped me build up a case against these bastar*s~!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you Boswd! Many people do not know that the CO doesn't mean anything as far as CRTP or SOL.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.