Valued Member

Charge Off help

My parents have an account that was charged off in 94 and absolutly no activity has been on that acount since 94, but they keep selling it to another CA and redating it, i know that the CA's cant do that how do I get that off thier report?
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge Off help

[ Edited ]

Even if a debt is sold to a new CA/JDB, etc....it has no effect on SOL, DOLA or DOFD. They do TRY to get by with making it appear new on your report by reporting date opened the date they reported the account when they get the account, etc.

Example:
Say you have a CO'd CC from 2000 and this thing has went to several CA's/JDB's. It IS still within the SOL of reporting though and the CC may still be on your CR AND there may be CA as well for this. Say a CA recently buys this account and slaps it on your report now. More than likely they will have that this "account" was OPENED on 2/2006 which is WRONG! It makes you think ok....now I've got to deal with the OC from 2000 on my reports for 1 more year but now this stupid CA is on my report now for 7 more years....NOPE..doesn't work that way...they CAN'T do that! When the OC falls off for being passed the 7 year reporting period, the CA has to go too.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-22-2007 12:47 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.