Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Charge Off

Charge Off Multiple Time

How many times can a "charge-off" account be reported as CHARGE OFF? I know that a charge off account can stay that way for seven years, but what I dont understand is it being reporting MULTIPLE TIMES.

Is this worth writing a letter for?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge Off

I don't know if it is worth writing a letter or not, but DW has one that has reported that for 26 months in a row. But with each report, there has not been any damage to the score. DW also had a CO ding hit an already CO'd Verizon account after 18 months of inactivity. Again, that did not hurt her score at all.
Message 2 of 5
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused where do you see it being reported multiple times? I see it being reported to all 3 CRAs. I guess I'm thinking reporting multiple times is the same account on all 3 CRA being reported more than once.
Message 3 of 5
Saffyreblue
Valued Member

I was thinking the same thing. IT looks like April to Sept. they only reported to EQ and in Oct. started reporting to EXP. That's normal. Most report to all three CRA's. That doesn't mean it's being reported more than once. That would be if this TL showed up more than once on each report. Your lucky they aren't reporting to all three Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be reported for the entire length of the CRTP, usually but not always, 7 years(depending on the type it is.).

It is merely reporting monthly that the account is still in collections.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.