Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Offs

Here is the situation. I have a revolving CC that was charged off. I didn't have any contact with them whatsoever since 2002. Yet, EXP shows activity. This is what is stated: EXP states account opened Aug 1999. Last reported was Jul 2007. Charge Off as of Jul 2007. Collection as of Feb 2007. Also, states, "account closed at credit grantor's request" in Feb 2007. Similar language in TU and EQ. Statute of limitations in CA is 4 years. Does DOLA mean activity from me or the grantor? Does anyone have thoughts as how to handle this? Don't talk to them on the phone, right? Just mail? Also, can't to PFD b/c balance is too much for me now. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Offs

DOLA ia 'activity by you' more or less (it is not selling the debt and reproting that as a payemnt which unscruplous CAs are doing.

DV the CA CMRRR if you are sure you have neiher charged or paid on this account since 2002..
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Offs

Thank you! But....how do I DV the CA CMRRR? Forgive the ignorance. Also, I'm not disputing I owe them, it's just that I had not contact with them since 2002, and SOL should have expired. Do I tell them in the letter SOL has expired since opened the account back in 1999 and SOL is 4 years in CA. Do I tell them they cannot then sell to CRA and indicate on EXP, TU or EQ that I have had activity with them? Thanks! Message Edited by fn2bfit on 01-27-2008 10:06 AM

Message Edited by fn2bfit on 01-27-2008 10:07 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.