Charge-Offs

hello all

I have settle with 2 accounts

1.    Chase 10/06 settled paid for less then amount
        but they put a CO on 11/06
        they just put CO that month only

2.     FCNB  6/06  settled with there bill collecter in full
        FCNB has been reporting CO since i have not paid them around 6/04
        I did settle with them but they still report to this date CO to all three

Is that correct to keep on reporting CO continuies?

thatnk you all again

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-Offs

Once a CO, always a CO. Whether paid or unpaid. It is among the reasons I recommend NEVER paying a collection or chargeoff, unless you have to pay it or you get a PFD.

Send a GW letter to both OCs.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=5933

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent both a GW letter on 6/19/07

I am waiting for there reply . I am wondering if i get no reply what happens, i send to the address on my CR for both

thanks again.

Message 3 of 23
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

They aren't under any obligation to remove early... so just keep sending the GW letters every 6 weeks or so if no response.  Make 'em good and from the heart.  Also, no response doesn't mean they didn't remove them so be sure to still recheck your CBRs.  Good luck!

edit:  did you tell FCNB in your letter that they are not reporting your payment from last year?

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 07-05-2007 12:14 AM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

mmmmmm

No i did not state that, thank you for that .

My GW was from my heart. I explained my situation, was frustrating and pissed off at the same time.

I have started a construction company, did good the first year. I then landed a good contract that I thought will make me a nice profit, well I fancied it , the deadbeat left the country when it was time to pay. Smiley MadMan Mad.

GRRRRR,    never thought that would happen,  but it did. I closed my company then hard to find a job.

Well that was the simple version of the letter, was about 2 pages explaining all that, also gave the name of my company and the DnB # . So they can see it was really a tough time for me and my family

I hope it works out

thank you so much for the info

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:
did you tell FCNB in your letter that they are not reporting your payment from last year?

If not, I'd keep it to myself, for now. If you exhaust the GW avenue, and they are adamant they will NOT give you a GW delete, then you may still be able to leverage a delete outta them by catching them in violation for incorrect reporting. But save that for later. For now, just pursue GW and don't point out their reporting is wrong.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i did not state that in the letter

O my,  I am smiling at that.

Will it be that simple?

Message Edited by ohboy on 07-04-2007 09:43 PM
Message 7 of 23
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:

SmartCookie wrote:
did you tell FCNB in your letter that they are not reporting your payment from last year?

If not, I'd keep it to myself, for now. If you exhaust the GW avenue, and they are adamant they will NOT give you a GW delete, then you may still be able to leverage a delete outta them by catching them in violation for incorrect reporting. But save that for later. For now, just pursue GW and don't point out their reporting is wrong.

mmmmmm yeah I smell a delete in the near future   Smiley Wink
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohboy wrote:
No i did not state that in the letter

O my,  I am smiling at that.

Will it be that simple?

Nothing credit related is ever simple, but if you find you might have an Ace up your sleeve then it's generally best to leave it there until needed. You might win with the Ten that's showing. You might get dealt a Jack and win with it. But, it's reassuring to know there could be an Ace.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-04-2007 10:24 PM
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ace up my sleeve love that

mmmmm

Just applied for the BoA Hawaii Airline CC
they declined me,  But gave application for there 99/500 secured card.
Worth to get it?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.