Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off...anything I can do?

tag
silly34
Regular Contributor

Charge off...anything I can do?

I screwed up a while back and am paying for it now. I settled the account with collections, paid- not for the full balance. Anything I can do?

You should be able to see the image of the file at this link:
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc35/silly34/chry.jpg

Credit Image
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge off...anything I can do?

Did you attempt any GW letters previously?  How long is a while back... are these close to dropping off?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
silly34
Regular Contributor

Won't fall off anytime soon I'm afraid, this was all back in '05. No goodwill as of yet. Thought maybe if I offered to pay the full balance they could delete. This is the worst mark on my credit.

B.
Message 3 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Aha yeah then it's worth it to try GW letters.  Unfortunately you lost your bargaining room as now the debt is paid and settled, though less than full.

Start with a really reallly good GW letter but do not offer to renegotiate the settled account at this time. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a GW letter and how do you get one
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

tashmere wrote:
What is a GW letter and how do you get one

Hi tashmere and welcome!

Please start here for information http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=2654  There is a section on Goodwill letters, which would be something that you would write yourself to send to a creditor or collection agency to ask for removal of negative information, typically on a paid closed account.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.