Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off now Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off now Collections

I had a charge off with Providian and they were listed on my credit report under Presidio/CM account number 123123123123XXXX Date open 7/1/2001 Balance $1015.00 Charge Off now Midland Credit is showing (By the way they have not contacted me yet) With account number 345345345345XXXX Date opened 10/1/2007 Balance 1456.00 and say its a Providain account. How can they do this? Is that not reageing and dont they have to contact me first. I did get one letter but that was addressed to my husband on an account that he had which LVNV was handling so now we have Midland on both as well as he has LVNV still reporting and I have Presidio but the CRA's wont let me dispute the LVNV and Presidio because I have already done that a while back by the way I did send out DV letters to LVNV and Presidio with no response instead I see Midland reporting.

Thanks you for any help you can give to me.
Debbie
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off now Collections

Won't let you dispute? I assume you're trying online.
Do it by snail mail with receipts.
Keep track of everything you're doing.
Be a real pain in the ass about it.

If they aren't responding it's probably because your file is somewhere in a warehouse in Arkansas. Dispute, dispute, dispute.

I'm sure others will have some jewels of wisdom but you do need to dispute this stuff at some point. Sooner the better sometimes.

Message Edited by EddieX on 12-13-2007 09:42 AM
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just finished typing my dispute letters to the CRA and I did a DV to Midland. I also put Midland on notice that they broke the FDCPA by not sending me a letter before putting it on my CR and stated that they needed to remove it from my credit reports until they validate or I would file a complaint with the FTC and FDCPA against them. I also put that in my dispute letter to the CRA. Should I send them  out like that or play nice this time and send that one if they dont comply.

Thanks,
Debbie
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date opened means nothing! IF it is a CA reporting it means that is the first time that they are reporting.

The date that you opened you CC doesn't mean anything either. You need to know your SOL so that you don't get sued.

You need to know DOFD and DOLA...get this from your CR.

SOL is very important as Midland will file suit (a simply dispute could have them file)

My advice to everyone is know your SOL before doing anything with CR unless you are ready to pay.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date of Last activity was 12/00 but according to what Presidio had was just the date they opened which is 7/01 and same with Midland the date they opened it and on TU Midland is listed with a date to remove of 11/08 they added a year to it. Now the SOL in NC is 3yrs. But I lived in MN for 10yrs and that is where we originally got the cards and the SOL in MN is 6yrs so which one do I go by?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SOL can go to either state. IF DOLA is in 2000 what proof do you have? old CR??
Presdio/cm is providian collections (last i knew) not a CA

Presido would have taken the debt over in 2001 BUT that doesn't change the DOFD!

DV both  CMRRR.  Midland is a bottom feeder. They prob. bought it as junk debt.

look at your TU or EX report for drop date or call the CRA and ask.  that is what you need as proof!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an older CR that states the DOLA is 11/2000 but Presidio has it listed as 12/2001 so either way I am out of the SOL and I never got a response from Presidio when I did my DV letter instead now I see Midland and they have changed the account # and balance so it looks like 2 different accounts. Isnt that illegal
Message 7 of 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

It sounds like Presido knows that it's time barred and sold it to Midland.

The difference in the amount owed could be attributed to the accumlated interest and fee's since last reported by Presido.    As far as the different account number,  I do believe a Collection Agency has the right to assign their own account number.

So this is where DVing Midland is a must.

You should be able to dispute Presido off though.

Message Edited by Boswd on 12-14-2007 07:58 AM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.