Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off question

I got a Charge off in 5/2004 and account closed... and then went to collection and I paid it off 6/2006. once I paid collection the CA disappeared.... ok
but my 5/2004 CO is on CR with EQ stating late payments of 120days x20 +90+30 till 6/2006 then it says OK after that...
If account is closed on 5/2004 and a CO.... why are they reporting all those lates? Is that correct or should I dispute it. I sent GW to OC but no response by fax, email and mail... heh
thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off question

Something similar happened to me when I disputed a Verizon Wireless account. The account was mine, but I disputed it because I had re-upped my service with the understanding from the sales department that my account would be brought current and the CO removed. They reneged on the agreement, so I disputed. It ended up being reported as OK except for a charge-off, then okay after that.

One of these days I should follow up on that, but yes, there is precedent for what you describe.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off question

ok guess it wont hurt to dispute it... what should i put in explaination or just leave blank and let them do the work?

I'm also guessing why i get notes from denied letters that I have lates/delq in last 2 year?? blahh
i got no other latest or delq on report.

Message Edited by antsmith101 on 04-18-2008 10:29 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.