Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge-off

Can anyone help me with a situation.  I have a BoA Charge-off account from 2003.  BoA sold the account to a CA which I have since paid in full.  I have since disputed the charge-off from BoA, however, the account now shows as an Oct 2007 charge-off instead of Oct 2003.  I have disputed 4 times in the last 6 months and each time I get  penalized because the TL shows as charge-off for that current month.  What can I do?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-off

This, my friend is an outstanding question.  I'd very much like an answer to it myself as I am kind of in the same boat.  It appears that the one derogatory account I have on my report has been reaged from the time I paid it off as well and I am not really sure how to handle it.
Have patience someone hopefully will drop by to shed some light on this sooner or later.

Van

Message 2 of 3
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Charge-off

You need to call or write CMRRR BofA to get IN WRITING on BofA letterhead the exact date of the charge-off (write a MOV letter stating you want exact proof, photocopies, etc). Then write another CMRRR "Attn: Credit Relations Supervisor" stating that they are in error in their reporting to the CRAs and are in violation of FCRA and they will need to rectify their reporting.

In addition, once you have the letter from BofA you can risk submitting that paperwork to the three CRAs indicating that are reporting in error, too, here's proof of the a DOFD. They should take action. The caveat is, if you send the CRAs your proof that this debt was valid and your claiming it, you're not going to be able to dispute it as "not mine" in the future.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.