Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge offs

I working on my credit now ~ I think I've done all I can with DH's until we start getting DV/Dispute/GW results.

My scores:

EQ 532
EX 516
TU ?  (haven't bought it yet)

I have ALOT of charges offs.  Young, stupid and not caring about my credit.  Score simulator shows if I pay at least $50 a month toward my debt for 18 months my score could jump up to the high 600's.  My question is this:  Who do I contact to make payment arrangements on CO's?  The original creditor or the CA (if I can even find that info on a CO)  I'm planning on paying the smallest CO and just working my way upwards over the next year and a half.

I also had a judgement that, by the grace of God, doesn't show on either report.  The only mention of the OC is on my EQ report.  It shows Date opened May 1994 and DOLP Mar 2006.  I paid the judgement off in Mar 2006(after making monthly payments to a receiver for almost 2 years) for a total of $3557.  Can I dispute this and get it taken off since it's been 13 years?  Current status shows ok with a 0 balance and not on record for any late payments, but it's still listed under derogatory items.  I really want it gone but if I dispute it what are the chances that info will be updated not in my favor ie: listed as a judgement?  I don't know if it's on TU ~ I plan on buying that report next week.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge offs

kims wrote:
Who do I contact to make payment arrangements on CO's?

If it's an unpaid CO, send a PFD letter to the OC.

kims wrote:
I also had a judgement that, by the grace of God, doesn't show on either report.  The only mention of the OC is on my EQ report.  It shows Date opened May 1994 and DOLP Mar 2006.  I paid the judgement off in Mar 2006(after making monthly payments to a receiver for almost 2 years) for a total of $3557.  Can I dispute this and get it taken off since it's been 13 years?  Current status shows ok with a 0 balance and not on record for any late payments, but it's still listed under derogatory items.

It's been 13 years since what? The account was opened? That matters naught.

What's important is the DOFD, and what the applicable state laws say about judgments and SOL. Concerning judgments and reporting, FCRA leaves open a hole wide enough to drive 3 semi trucks side by side with an Abrams tank on each flank.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.