Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Off Chase Card 2011

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Charged Off Chase Card 2011

Apparently i had a joint account with someone back in 2011 with Chase and it charged off with  a $25k balance on it. So i can't get credit cards there or auto loans or anything right now. So what I'm wondering is when will they not hold it against me so i can get a new account with them? Should i try to settle it even though i didnt know they charged off? The funny thing is i have amazing credit all my credit scores are around 780 and the chase account doesnt even show on my credit. So what now?

This probably was taken care of Chase removed me from his accounts. This post can be locked.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Charged Off Chase Card 2011

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Apparently i had a joint account with someone back in 2011 with Chase and it charged off with  a $25k balance on it. So i can't get credit cards there or auto loans or anything right now. So what I'm wondering is when will they not hold it against me so i can get a new account with them? Should i try to settle it even though i didnt know they charged off? The funny thing is i have amazing credit all my credit scores are around 780 and the chase account doesnt even show on my credit. So what now?

I would find out if the person you had this joint account is somebody you had a joint account with. If you didn't I would fight to take it off. If it is yours Either pay it off and you might be able to get a card down the line or if you don't you'll be Blacklisted from them for a long time. I don't think Chase remembers as much as Amex does but would be a while 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase has a VERY long memory.  I had a charge-off in 1998 of around $1.5k, which turned into a judgement, which was paid in full by 2001 and dropped off my reports a few years ago.  They still ask about it with every application I submit and each time I give them the same tail-between-the-legs humble response of being young and dumb.

I would imagine $25k not being paid is going to be an issue with them for a very long time.

Message 3 of 10
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Yea thats what i was thinking :/

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 4 of 10
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure $25k is enough for Chase NEVER to forget...

Who was it a joint account with (ie- significant other, etc)? Any chance for getting a settlement with them?

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 5 of 10
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

The was actually 2 cards i was a co signer on both for a Uncle because he had very little credit $21k is a Business card and $4k is a Personal Card.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 6 of 10
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

I am confused you apparently had a joint account and you don't remember?  Then your last post you wrote you a 21k business card and a 4k card.  Which one is it?  Secondly if you were a co-signer you never got any notices of default?  On a business you had to apply then he would of been added as an AU.

Message 7 of 10
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

No they said i owe them a total of $25k 21k on a business card and 4k on a personal card, its from back when i live him down in California. No when we applied at the branch he applied and got denied and the banker said i could cosign. I didnt know about it because i never received anything about it and its kind of funny how its not on my credit either. But when i applied for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card they said i had 2 charged off cards and declined me.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 8 of 10
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

No they said i owe them a total of $25k 21k on a business card and 4k on a personal card, its from back when i live him down in California. No when we applied at the branch he applied and got denied and the banker said i could cosign. I didnt know about it because i never received anything about it and its kind of funny how its not on my credit either. But when i applied for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card they said i had 2 charged off cards and declined me.

If that is the case and it is not going on your CR I would scratch Chase off your list and not wake up the sleeping giant.  Last thing you would want is for them to realize this error and report it.  Considering it is two accounts and just happened in 2011 your score would take some hit.

Message 9 of 10
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Yea i was thinking about that actually.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.