Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged off as bad debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged off as bad debt?

I have a question about a possible reporting error.

I switched my Verizon phone number to be under my work's plan and missed my last bill (I moved). Apparently they sent it to collections or sold it right away, because 3 months later I got a call from a collection agency. I paid it as soon as I was aware of it, and Verizon is borderline retarded for not just calling me, as my number never changed. The first call I received about the bill was from the collection agency.

It was only for $84 so I paid it immediately but it is still showing on my credit report under the name Verizon Wireless West as "Charged off as bad debt". On a couple of the reports this account is also being reported as 60 days late.

Descriptions [?]

* Profit and loss writeoff

What all does this mean? Is this being reported correctly?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charged off as bad debt?

I would dispute it-
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon Wireless never sold the account. Call the 800 number on your credit report and that will lead you to Verizon's collection office in Cali. Talk to them and explain and in some circumstances, they may remove it. Also, try planetfeedback.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
Verizon Wireless never sold the account. Call the 800 number on your credit report and that will lead you to Verizon's collection office in Cali. Talk to them and explain and in some circumstances, they may remove it. Also, try planetfeedback.com

Thanks for this advice! I just called them and they were able to completely remove it. Thanks Verizon, you have redeemed yourself. And my credit report. I can almost taste a 700 mid score!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.