Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC not reporting to credit bureaus

tag
joshall
Contributor

Chase CC not reporting to credit bureaus

I know that Chase tends to report to credit bureaus when the balance gets to 0.

But two of my Chase credit cards have not been reporting since the statement closed on 4/3.  Is this actually normal?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CC not reporting to credit bureaus

@joshall wrote:

I know that Chase tends to report to credit bureaus when the balance gets to 0.

But two of my Chase credit cards have not been reporting since the statement closed on 4/3.  Is this actually normal?

Thanks.

Credit bureaus get massively delayed for no reason I can understand.  I'm still waiting for TU to update my DCU account which reported 3/31, whereas my Chase update from a few days ago paying it to $0 is already processed.

It's nowhere straightforward, they can't even get FIFO right; frankly it sort of sucks in my opinion as a technologist but it is what it is.

Odds are you're stuck in bureau land rather than a Chase reporting issue.

        
Message 2 of 8
joshall
Contributor

It has been two weeks since my statement date and my Chase new balance is not yet reported to the Bureaus?  This is crap!!

Message 3 of 8
theoldnocreditmaster
Valued Member

The truth is, when there's a new balance (debt) they report it within a day or so because it will sustain or lower your score. When you have a zero balance, they opt to report every other month or quarterly
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My auto loan from September still hasn't reported on TU Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU seems to be much slower that EX and EQ. I paid off a CC before statement cut on 4/8.EX and EQ reported zero balance on 4/13 and my score on both went up by 35 Pts. TU has yet reported the pay off as of today. Argh!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a lease from chase October 2015, they still have not placed on report on my credit report. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@theoldnocreditmaster wrote:
The truth is, when there's a new balance (debt) they report it within a day or so because it will sustain or lower your score. When you have a zero balance, they opt to report every other month or quarterly

Actually this statement isn't true at all.  If one possesses a bunch of credit cards, all with zero reported balances, and then Chase reported a balance making it the only card on one's report with a balance, their scores would instantly rise around 15-20 points give or take.

I can say with 100% certainty that Chase or any creditor for that matter doesn't take the time to SP one's credit report, note all of their balances or lack of balances across all revolvers and then decide whether or not they're going to report the balance depending on if they think it will positively or adversely impact the card holder's credit score.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.