Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Chase Credit Card

Hello All!  New to Forum!

Due to major medical bills (now all paid in full) , I got way behind on Chase BP Visa.  I've been making payments and am now caught up.  Balance down to $4700.  I put myself on a 12 month payment plan to get this paid off.

The statement shows open credit, but I believe the account is 'closed'.  I have not received a notification of this though from Chase.

If I maintain the 12 payments on time, is there a chance Chase will re-open this card? 

That's Problem #1...Enough for Today!

Thanks to you all!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Card

fishbjc wrote:
Hello All!  New to Forum!

Due to major medical bills (now all paid in full) , I got way behind on Chase BP Visa.  I've been making payments and am now caught up.  Balance down to $4700.  I put myself on a 12 month payment plan to get this paid off.

The statement shows open credit, but I believe the account is 'closed'.  I have not received a notification of this though from Chase.

If I maintain the 12 payments on time, is there a chance Chase will re-open this card? 

That's Problem #1...Enough for Today!

Thanks to you all!

Need to call as soon as possible and see if they have payment program.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely, no.

You would have to reapply after the account is closed for an elongated period of time.

Make sure you're paying in accordance to what they are willing to agree with.  Don't arrange this payment situation yourself.  If they don't accept, it could turn out for the worse.
Message 3 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My payment is scheduled at $180,  I'm paying $455.  Get this thing knocked off in 12 months. 
Message 4 of 9
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Fish,  When they have what you want, be humble.  Call them, several times if necessary.  If you get a CSR that's tuff, ask for a supervisor or if they have a credit recovery department.  They may even be willing to remove your baddies if you consistently pay down your debt.

It will not hurt to ask. It will hurt not to ask.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 5 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Great advice...I'm going to make six ontime payments, then contact them to remove a couple of baddies...or more!

Message 6 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Most likely this account is officially closed, especially since you have a payment plan on it and also if you have a 0 avail credit.  They type of account is also considered an 'open' account.  This doesn't mean that for some reason it is reporting with an open status in error.

If so and they won't re-open the card.... two things to keep in the back of your head.

Paying the minimum each month (if this is ok financially due to more interest) might push off old lates that they might not remove otherwise.

and

If you throw the extra money in the bank instead, once the balance is down to maybe 2k or so, you can offer to pay it all off with a PFD (if they will not otherwise GW any or enough baddies to make the overall account be FICO favorable). 

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 12-04-2007 02:14 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fish , If you never received a notice that it was closed, it might not be. You can just call & instead of asking if it is opened....ask what your CL is. They will either tell you the CL or say that it is closed. Just go from there.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could even call the 800 number - it always has a recording that tells you your available credit, etc.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.