cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred // Does it help an authorized user build credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred // Does it help an authorized user build credit?

Hi all,

I just apped and was approved for CSP today with SL $13.6k. When I applied online, it gave me the option of adding an authorized user so I added my fiance. Will this card report on his CR and potentially boost his credit score? The application didn't ask for AU's SSN so just wondering how it would show up on their CR. Excuse my ignorance Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred // Does it help an authorized user build credit?

It can certainly help certain aspects of someones credit that has bad credit depending on what is going on with this persons credit and how you use the card.  They don't care being Chase about the SSN or whom the card really goes to as you are responsible for the repayment.  The usual way that is gets put on an AU CR is by a common address and name.  Also not certain about Chase if they will do this or not but can call lender and ask for them to report to AU account if different address / last name than yourself or known addresses you and them have lived at.  Otherwise if they can;t make a match (usually the way an AU card reports by address/name) other then lenders that ask for AU's SSN or by asking lender to report to them they have no way or doing so and won't help the AU other than a CL to use of course.  So it all depends really.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred // Does it help an authorized user build credit?

It really depends on the profile that the AU possesses.  If someone already has a strong profile, being added may not do a thing for them.  Not even 1 FICO point.  If they are rebuilding and/or have a weak profile with a low score, your added tradeline would likely help their utilization assuming you keep the balance very low on the CSP.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.