Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Savings Rates

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Chase Savings Rates

For those of you with Chase "banking" packages, you might want to check the interest rate you are getting on your savings account against the interest rate tables on their web-site for your market.

In Texas, the Chase Premier Package used to link the Chase Premier Checking with a Chase Premier Savings with tiered savings rates that were lower than the Chase Premier Platinum Package with it's own savings tier for Chase Premier Platinum Savings.

Sometime recently (apparently during the month of May) Chase introduced a Chase "Plus" Savings account that replaces both the Premier Savings and the Premier Platinum Savings. 

The only way I found out about this was because I noticed that my interest rate on my savings account was lower than listed on the current tiered rate tables on the web-site.  After a call to a telephone banker, I found out that this new account option (Chase Savings Plus) is available and used for new accounts, but older Premier Savings accounts are not automatically converted. 

At first, she tried to tell me that I would have to close the original savings account and open the newer one in order to get the higher rates.  After I questioned her further and explained that when they close an account and open a new one, they usually do a credit check and place a "hard" inquiry on your credit report, she came back and said that they could convert it without closing the old and opening the new.

I now have a welcome increase in my savings interest rate because I caught something that was buried on their web-site.  I don't know how many markets this new savings account is available in, but it's certainly worth checking out if you don't want to miss the boat on higher rates.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Savings Rates

what rate did you get?
Message 2 of 3
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Savings Rates

The rate is not too much to get real excited about ... short-term CDs are better and there are other places to park your money if you are looking for the highest money market rates ...  but I'm not ready to change or commit.  I have other options to evaluate first.

It's certainly not enough to cause people to run to Chase with their money.  I bring it up only because if you already have money there and aren't getting the new rates, I wouldn't want to leave that money on the table.

The new tier structure for me at Chase is 1.98 per cent vs 1.14 per cent for money that is temporarily parked until I can decide on more beneficial options.  At least as long as it is at Chase, I might as well get the higher rate.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.