Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase UW Says My EQ FICO Score Is No Where Close To What MyFico Says...Odd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase UW Says My EQ FICO Score Is No Where Close To What MyFico Says...Odd

i applied for a Chase Biz Card...was declined...so I called for a recon.

they pulled TU so i asked that they pull EQ since that score is my best score & closer to the truth Smiley Happy

anyway, i told the guy that my EQ FICO score was 761...that is what myfico has me listed as (i have score watch, so any change i am made aware of it).

he looks at my EQ score and says that it is no where close to being 761....that it's way off...and that he could not tell me what it was.  i asked if my TU FICO score was what myfico has it being as & he said that he could not tell me, but yes...that sounded correct.

so now i'm worried.....is what myfico.com telling me my correct EQ score...and this guy had the wrong info?

i tried pulling a EQ power score today, but I keep on getting an error...i called myfico & they said to wait 24 hours.

this is really bugging me....thoughts anyone....i hope it's chase that has the wrong info...and if so...so i call them back?

thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase UW Says My EQ FICO Score Is No Where Close To What MyFico Says...Odd

Assuming nothing has happened to your CR, you may want to ask Chase which version of FICO score they use. Some CCCs use a CC-enhanced score (like PFICO iswas for TU).
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah nothing has changed with the FICO score that i receive from myfico.com....if it did....i would get an alert and the changes would show on myfico.com right?

just to confirm, myfico gives you the correct FICO scores right?

why would Chase be using PFICO (what is that anyway...is that like a FAKO?)  why don't they use the real scores?

it's so aggrevating!  should i call them back?   what would I say to them?

curious....for a home loan....the banks would pull the correct FICO scores, like the ones we get on here right?

thanks!

Message 3 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd call them back and ask which version of score they are using for EQ.

PFICO is a FICO score but is CC-enhanced. In other words, the score is weighted towards the CCs in your CR more than the other stuff. I was thinking that maybe EQ also uses a CC-enhanced score. Not to confuse things, but there are also auto-enhanced scores and mortgage-enhanced scores (EQ) too. However, most home lenders use the same scores on this website (Beacon 5.0 for EQ and TU'98 for TU).
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much for the help...just when u are making some progress and only focus on myfico FICO scores....someone comes along and uses another score.

if i were to call them....what do i say to them?  i don't think they are going to change the way they look at scores.

i was so happy...i thought a 761 would help Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

molly73 wrote:

thanks so much for the help...just when u are making some progress and only focus on myfico FICO scores....someone comes along and uses another score.

if i were to call them....what do i say to them?  i don't think they are going to change the way they look at scores.

i was so happy...i thought a 761 would help Smiley Sad

If EQ does have a CC-enhanced score, and if Chase uses it, it's awfully hard to imagine that it would be significantly different from a 761 Beacon 5.0 (the EQ FICO score that you get here.)

I hope you can get your report here soon. I'm concerned that something ugly posted to your EQ report.

A thought: another possibility is that your EQ file has split, and Chase pulled only part of it. This can happen, especially on EQ, if you pull reports often. The soft inquiries (and hards) accumulate and fill up their data files, and the file splits. Some of your info goes into one portion, and some into another. If you start seeing your EQ FICO score go up and down by equal amounts (+21, -21, +21, -21, etc.), that's an excellent indicator of a split file.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the help!

i pull my credit on another site about twice a week to see how some of my disputes are doing...man i hope nothing has happend to my FICO score....i received an alert last week.....but no score change....and i count of myfico to e-mail me once a change has happened.

should i call them back?

this really bummed me out....ugghhh

Message 7 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Check the reports that you pull on the other site, and see if any accounts are appearing and disappearing.

Score Watch should alert you to a score change, but there is always a built-in delay, and sometimes it seems to go into a trance. I have very little self-control about things like this, and so I know that I would cough up the money for a new EQ report (it's discounted with SW), but I respect people that have a lot more self-discipline.

It's very possible that Chase pulls a CC-enhanced score (I'm kind of surprised if they do), but again, I wouldn't expect a big difference between the classic EQ and a CC'd version, not with a 761 score. Do you have any CC-specific baddies that might tend to drag down a CC-enhanced score?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hauling....yeah, as soon as i found out i was not able to get that score power report....i tried to pay for one...and i go the same error!

2 CC baddies on my EQ report.....a capital one card (DOLA 2003) & midland who is trying to collect on this capital one card - i am disputing both of them.

also my car..i messed up for 3 months...i had no idea i was doing it....i was so good about paying them cause i am so **bleep** now about my credit

i did run a credit report on the other site & noticed that my EQ score went down, but could not find out why....plus i never pay attention to those scores.  my last alert on myfico.com was on the 10th of last week, but no change in score.....this is killing me.....should i just trust that i have the correct score from myfico?  there has not been a change in score since feb, but therehave been about 4 alerts

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

quick question....i was just told about the nord visa card....and that they always pull EQ...found out about the card cause i thought i needed some store cards to help my credit.

do you think they would pull the same kinda thing i went through with Chase today...with some internal scoring method that is out to get me Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.