Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Unauthorized Inquiry Help???

tag
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Chase Unauthorized Inquiry Help???

I have an odd question that's been bugging me for a while now that I finally got around to asking. I have a defaulted student loan with Chase and earlier this year they asked me if I could settle the account out. I told them no, as I don't have 6k+ just laying around to give to someone let alone a loan that defaulted years ago that I've also been paying on monthly for the last couple of years. However, they took it upon themselves to perform a HP on my CR. They never even asked me, so I most certainly never agreed to it and I don't even have a bank account with them, so it wasn't for something else from Chase. So, my question is can I dispute and remove that inquiry from my CR? I didn't apply for anything with them, they never asked me if they could, and I defintely never gave them permission to do so. Even if it doesn't amount to much, I would still like it removed if I can do so legitimately. So, do I have a leg to stand on? I await the wise counsel of the MyFICO community!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Unauthorized Inquiry Help???

Technically, they do not have to ask permission as long as they have permissible right to access your CR's. In this case, you have a TL with them and they can pull your CR's until the account is paid. 

You might ask them to code it as a sp or even write a GW letter 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.