cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

Most Chase cards have a check box for:

Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts.

Does this mean that the account is currently delinquent or that is was in the past.

I have a BoA card the was seriously delinquent a little over 2 years ago but has been fine since then and will be PIF next week.

I want to apply for a Chase and my scores are all above 700 but I dont want to apply if I know I will be turned down.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

Good Morning Marty56!!

I have the same question. 

I wonder if anyone has entered no but was approved for Chase (even though they do have derogs). 

I have a pre-approval sitting on my desk, but, after reading on this site, I am a little leary of it.

10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 2 of 26
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

Hauling, Good Morning to you also!

I just wanted to say,  I love that term "credit coma".  You should copyright that slogan!

"credit coma"

"sshhhh, credit coma in process!!!"

"got credit coma?"
Message 3 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, teamfico --that might be Sylviatob's invention! I love it, whoever came up with it, and it certainly describes whatever was going on in my brain (or not going on) at the time.

I'm re-posting, and I deleted my msg before I saw that anyone else had posted, sorry for any weirdness.

repost:
Good question! I would call and ask. Maybe it's OK if they are more than 2 years old or something? I got tossed out by Kohl's/ Chase, but I was less than one year out from a credit coma at the time and had a 30-60-90-120-day glowing away, now that I look at it that way. It goes over 2 years in March; wonder if that will help.

I'm trying to call Chase, but they don't post the CC app number, and I wrote it down wrong from their voice mail. They don't exactly seem user-friendly! Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 26
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

OhSmiley Very Happy 

I think we need a new section just for Sylviatobs "credit coma". 

"credit coma"  Please enter at your own risk!

I have 1-888-218-3222 on my Chase app.

Message Edited by teamfico on 12-02-2007 05:48 AM
Message 5 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, just spoke with "Selene." She sort of waffled around on it, but she said that older serious delinq's ARE considered at the time of application, but their impact varies. She asked how my scores were, and I gave her my TU and EX (not EQ!), which perked her up, but she either didn't know or wasn't telling if there is a cut-off age for serious delinq's where they not longer matter.

She basically said that at application, they considered the whole shebang --history, scores, and all. I have lates on several accounts, so in general, I'm in worse shape than someone who only has one late, or several clumped together on one account. I doubt I'll even try until sometime next year, unless my evil 30-60-90-120 is GW'd, yeah, right. I'd like to get a Kohl's store card one day, because they do have great deals for card holders, but that's the only reason. They love my AmEx and MC just fine! Just dropped $280 there Friday on bedding, original cost $550.

To call Chase CC app customer service, it's 866-422-6566, then hit 1.

BTW, serious delinquency is generally defined as a late 60 days or older, plus the other baddies like BK, CO, CA etc. hth
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 26
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Hauling, thanks for the info.  I just noticed my app is for the business card.  I was already turned down by BofA biz for too many delinquencies on my personal.  Hmmm!  The only del is the 2001 Crap1's awful chargeoff reporting fiasco.  It shows many past dues and many chargeoffs.  I am not disputing anymore because they just keep reaging the thing.  Bad thing is I don't have records of this because my exSister in Law received a pre-app in my maiden name charged up the account in 3 months and defaulted.  I hadn't applied for credit in three years and when I did I was turned down.  That's how I found out about the card.  There is also a judgment filed in 2003.  I've been married for 26 years.  This stinks.  I tried unsuccessfully with Cap1 trying to resolve it and they just played the transfer game.   Each time I disputed it and requested verification, they just reage the account.  Now the judgment only shows up on EX, but still, it's hurting me.   I have never received anything from them.

Sad thing is, me and DH put them on our credit cards as AU's.   One BofA card was addressed directly to them so that must have been why the preapproval card was sent there.   She kept it secret from my DB.  Not longer after that she became ex. 

Message 7 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@teamfico wrote:
Bad thing is I don't have records of this because my exSister in Law received a pre-app in my maiden name charged up the account in 3 months and defaulted. I hadn't applied for credit in three years and when I did I was turned down. That's how I found out about the card... Sad thing is, me and DH put them on our credit cards as AU's. One BofA card was addressed directly to them so that must have been why the preapproval card was sent there. She kept it secret from my DB. Not longer after that she became ex.

Wow, character really does show in actions, doesn't it? So sorry to hear that you've acquired all that crap through trying to help family. Not a whole lot you can do, but if you're denied, you might try reconsideration. Every now and then, you might find a CCC and a human who is willing to take a chance on you. Good luck --sheesh.
Message 8 of 26
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Experian shows that payments were made and the account was in positive status June 06 to June 07.  Showing new current past dues.  That was after I disputed the account.  If I had known that I would have paid it ($1,931) just to keep the derogs off.  I disputed again, came back verified.  I sent proof, still verified.  I called EX and pretty much told them they were idiots and can't get their reporting right.  They deleted good current open accounts like my WaMu.  It doesn't show up there at all.  I just gave up.  They are my lowest score. 

Oh well, I will just app when I know they won't pull Experian. 

At least I have the Walmart comingSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

I going  to wait for  my credit report to update again since I have some balances that haven been lowered to see what effect it has on my score.

Thanks for all the input.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.