cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Nah I seriously doubt a late, unless 90 days or greater is costing that much. I had a collection accidently added to my file and it only dropped me 50. Especially over 2 years old. Now 90 days or greater will hit your scores like a BK and the higher the score the bigger the hit.>
I doubt it as well, but DW and I have 6 CRs between us, and the 3 that the collection is on (6.5 years ago) average 90 points below the 3 that it is not on. So maybe it is just that EX hates us both. We will know come April

MV, I hope to h*ll that I don't wind up in your and DW's bucket any time soon. I have a 30 -60 -90 -120 chain of shame that won't go over 24 months until next March, and until a few weeks ago, EX was my highest score, far and away above EQ. In my experience, it is EQ that kills you on lates.

I swear, FICO scoring is just the d*mndest thing... Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Chase - Yes, my credit history is currently clear of seriously delinquent accounts

I agree on EQ.

I tried the score simulator and unless I made a mistake, a 3 year old BK gives you a better score then a 90 day late in the same timeframe whch makes little sense to me.

Anyone else tried this with the sim?
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 22 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

I also noticed that the difference between late and late and BK was 10pts.  Ignoring the 10 year vs 7 year stuff and answering yes to a BK question, a person who was 90 days late say 3 years ago and has no lates since then and paid the account off is only 10 pts better then someone who does BK and may pay nothing or at best not all of the amount?

So it seems to FICO  that a large number of people who have been 90 days late must also do a BK are at the same risk.

The funny thing is that my 90+ day lates dont show that I was actually paying what the DMP plan said to pay each month, but BofA wanted more and I didnt realize it.

My fault for not looking at the statments carefully.

At some point in the fture I wil; have another BofA card which I will use for only one purpose - To charge my ScoreWatch payment each month and pay it off after it reports. 

Unless BofA Blacklists.

Fair is fair.

Message Edited by marty56 on 12-02-2007 06:05 PM
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe it or not a 90 day late will hit your reports almost as hard as a BK.  Past the 60 days mark its all moot unfortunately.
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't help it, I sent them an email for clarification.
Message 25 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

I made my last DMP payment a few weeks ago as since my DMP doesnt know the exact balances of the accounts, I owe B of A $11 on a $7500 cl whih I will pay in person at a B o A branch.

No, it am not going postal but I want a receipt right after I make the payment since I don't trust them.

I will add a new credit card to replace the BofA  card since I will loose the $7500 FICO available credit once the account is PIF and BofA closes it.  That will pay my scoreWatch bill till I can get a BofA card again.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.