Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit card problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase credit card problem

I'm 21 years old and starting to get into monitoring my credit. I have a serious issue with a Chase credit card. Apparently, I had an open account with them that I didn't know about since August 2006. I never received a card (at home) or at my school address so I didn't know ANYTHING about this. I returned home this month after spring semester ended and found out that I had a bunch of bills from chase, with the first bill arriving in Feb. As of June, I currently owe them $145 and they have closed the account. I decided to go to look at my free credit report and investigate further. Since I never received the card, I never activated it. When I looked at the history, my first bill was for $79 for January 2007. So from Aug-Dec, the balance was $0! how does that happen? I have not contacted Chase yet, cause I'm new to this credit thing, and I hate talking to people like creditors. Apparently, the account is closed now. How should I go about rectifying this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase credit card problem

the 60-90 day delinquency is also on my credit report and I want it removed.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like fraud.
Get on the phone with Chase and find out all the details.
See how applied, what address they have on record (look for a new address on your CR.

You may have to put a FA (Fraud Alert) on to get them to fix.
Message 3 of 8
sl
Established Contributor

I agree, you need to call Chase and get the story behind this. Tell them what you told us in this fourm. It may take awhile to get cleared up but it is worth it and if it is fraud, you need to get this taken care of ASAP. Also, Chase has been very "customer friendly" everytime I have called them and my credit was horrible at the time. Good luck!

Message Edited by sl on 06-15-2007 05:17 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definately call and get this resolved. This could very well be fraud.

Maybe that $79 was the Annual Fee that Chase put on the card? But still, they can't put a card on your report unless you activate it.
Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Irvin wrote:
Definately call and get this resolved. This could very well be fraud.

Maybe that $79 was the Annual Fee that Chase put on the card? But still, they can't put a card on your report unless you activate it.

Not true. I have had cards report next day after applying. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. Then perhaps that $79 was put on the card because this account may have had an Annual Fee.

not certain, but that is still a possibility.

Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yep.. sounds like an AF.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.