Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase removed chargeoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase removed chargeoff

Hello allI had recieved an alert today checked it out

Yes one good news Chase did remove the ChargeOff complete 0 balance paid in full                 Current status: pays as agreed
that was great.
The word Chargeoff is no were to be seen in the TL

But in the mean time FCNB just stated paid ChargeOff, 0 balance settlement accepted
Current status is still stated ChargeOff

but they didnt give me a CO in the month of June/07, but I settle with them last year on 6/06

but all this just gave me ( -13 )  pionts on my FICO

Did this action from FCNB bring down my score because it shows as a paid CO from 7/07?

thank you all

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase removed chargeoff

Great News about Chase...  WHat did you do?  A GW letter?  I have the same thing with Chase now...  I just created a post.  I have so much hope now!!!

Congrats Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohboy,

Good news on Chase! Congrats!

On FCNB, lemme make sure I got this right. You settled with them June 2006, but they are still reporting it a CO in July 2007?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

with FCNB I settle with them on may 25, 2006

I was still getting CO on my credit reports until now,  0 balance on june /07
isnt that wrong
but they are still say CO in the Current status

Message Edited by ohboy on 07-13-2007 09:24 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isogood I sent them a GW letter on June 18
they sent me letter stating account was paid in full on 10/25/06
called them to complain, if account was paid on 10/25/06 how is it possible to get CO on the following month 11/06
they agreed and corrected it
was also asked ( actully begged, ) to make a GW adjustment once they were taking care of the error
the didnt do that one

Message 5 of 8
girlie
Regular Contributor

i have found chase to be disorganized and not very helpful.  i also wrote them gw letters and they deleted my paid co's from equifax only, so i had to write them again.  they wrote back with a letter stating i must have disputed (NOT) and that is why it came off.  then they wrote some lame line about how if i would like to make payment arrangements, please call the following number.  I was MAD....uh, the accounts were paid off two years ago!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohboy wrote:
I was still getting CO on my credit reports until now,
0 balance on june /07
isnt that wrong
but they are still say CO in the Current status

Is it reporting paid? $0 balance is implicitly paid, but the word paid can carry more weight in your favor.

Paying a chargeoff doesn't change the fact that it's a chargeoff. It's simply a paid chargeoff, that tends not to help your credit score any, they can report it as a chargeoff, and it might even cause your score drop in the short term.

Counterintuitive, I know.

Hit 'em with a GW letter first.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.