Regular Contributor
ohboy

Chase removed chargeoff

Hello allI had recieved an alert today checked it out

Yes one good news Chase did remove the ChargeOff complete 0 balance paid in full                 Current status: pays as agreed
that was great.
The word Chargeoff is no were to be seen in the TL

But in the mean time FCNB just stated paid ChargeOff, 0 balance settlement accepted
Current status is still stated ChargeOff

but they didnt give me a CO in the month of June/07, but I settle with them last year on 6/06

but all this just gave me ( -13 )  pionts on my FICO

Did this action from FCNB bring down my score because it shows as a paid CO from 7/07?

thank you all

ISOgoodcredit

Re: Chase removed chargeoff

Great News about Chase...  WHat did you do?  A GW letter?  I have the same thing with Chase now...  I just created a post.  I have so much hope now!!!

Congrats :smileyvery-happy:
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

ohboy,

Good news on Chase! Congrats!

On FCNB, lemme make sure I got this right. You settled with them June 2006, but they are still reporting it a CO in July 2007?

Regular Contributor
ohboy

[ Edited ]
with FCNB I settle with them on may 25, 2006

I was still getting CO on my credit reports until now,  0 balance on june /07
isnt that wrong
but they are still say CO in the Current status

Message Edited by ohboy on 07-13-2007 09:24 PM
Regular Contributor
ohboy

Isogood I sent them a GW letter on June 18
they sent me letter stating account was paid in full on 10/25/06
called them to complain, if account was paid on 10/25/06 how is it possible to get CO on the following month 11/06
they agreed and corrected it
was also asked ( actully begged, ) to make a GW adjustment once they were taking care of the error
the didnt do that one

Regular Contributor
girlie

i have found chase to be disorganized and not very helpful.  i also wrote them gw letters and they deleted my paid co's from equifax only, so i had to write them again.  they wrote back with a letter stating i must have disputed (NOT) and that is why it came off.  then they wrote some lame line about how if i would like to make payment arrangements, please call the following number.  I was MAD....uh, the accounts were paid off two years ago!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

ohboy wrote:
I was still getting CO on my credit reports until now,
0 balance on june /07
isnt that wrong
but they are still say CO in the Current status

Is it reporting paid? $0 balance is implicitly paid, but the word paid can carry more weight in your favor.

Paying a chargeoff doesn't change the fact that it's a chargeoff. It's simply a paid chargeoff, that tends not to help your credit score any, they can report it as a chargeoff, and it might even cause your score drop in the short term.

Counterintuitive, I know.

Hit 'em with a GW letter first.

Established Contributor
trinigal

Congratulations!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}