cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reports to CRAs earlier then should. Common?

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Chase reports to CRAs earlier then should. Common?

So I have 3 Chase cards and have their statement closed on the 28th; CSP, Freedom, and Explorer. They have been on the dot for the whole year.

This month, the Freedom closed on the 27th and the other 2 cards on the 28th. What gives? It messes me up when I play the UTIL game. 

Does this happen every once in awhile? That way I know what to expect in the future.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase reports to CRAs earlier then should. Common?

Chase follows the same pattern with me and then now and then they report differently and sometimes twice a month. Looked for some major happening in my payments as the trigger and could not find it. So what gives?
Message 2 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

If you hit a zero balance, Chase will report.   It is an easy way to fix any util errors.

Message 3 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

It messes me up when I play the UTIL game. 

It's really no big deal.  Fix it the next cycle.

Message 5 of 8
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase follows the same pattern with me and then now and then they report differently and sometimes twice a month. Looked for some major happening in my payments as the trigger and could not find it. So what gives?

Thanks! I forget Chase will randomly report. Good to know...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as i get a BOA credit card it shows up on my credit report with a $0 Balance but as soon as i get a Chase credit card it takes almost 2 months for the account to appear on my credit report, i like the way BOA does it better Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As soon as i get a BOA credit card it shows up on my credit report with a $0 Balance but as soon as i get a Chase credit card it takes almost 2 months for the account to appear on my credit report, i like the way BOA does it better Smiley Happy

Pluses and minus to both.  The advantage of the BoA method is it will help your util and number of cards reporting zero balance.

The advantage of Chase reporting two months later is it delays the credit score penalty for new accounts two months.  Plus penalty is not as bad because the CC is a little older.  The penalty will last for two months less.  And your AAoA isn't hurt as much when the card reports (although, there isn't much difference between a 0 month old CC and a 2 month old CC from an AAoA perspective)

I think I am with you in liking the earlier reporting, even if it hurst a little more in the short term (long term it doesn't matter).  Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.