Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest way to see soft pulls?

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Cheapest way to see soft pulls?

You can use similar techniques for all 3 CRBs

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 11 of 17
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I would think your annual free credit report would be your ceapest way to see soft pulls.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steelersfan904 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But, at the end of the day, the only real way to see soft pulls is to get a report direct from CRAs, or from AnnualCreditReport.com?

yeah I think so

I just go to EQ Mod Cut. This technique is considered unethical and not allowed to be discussed or advocated. By doing this you are attempting to obtain a service under false pretenses. This thread also talks about the subject.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Sorry Marine, I did try to point that out in the OP.

I think I've decided that seeing my soft pulls is not worth the $20 or whatever, I'll stick to USAA monitoring and wait until next year for my freebie. Or, at least wait until my mortgage app reports in a couple of months... That might prove interesting!

Message 13 of 17
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I must have 50+ SPs from USAA Smiley Very Happy

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

They start falling off at some point, right? Regardless, what's the benefit of seeing soft pulls? To see who's doing account reviews? Potential credit apps? Potential collecion activity?

Trying to see what my hard-earned $20 buys here, that I can't get from MyFico or USAA.

Message 15 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

They start falling off at some point, right? Regardless, what's the benefit of seeing soft pulls? To see who's doing account reviews? Potential credit apps? Potential collecion activity?

Trying to see what my hard-earned $20 buys here, that I can't get from MyFico or USAA.

Most soft pull based cli do not pull new soft pull when you make cli but use their last soft pull so useful to know what they saw. Also, if you get offer in mail, nice to know if they saw your credit and mailed you offer based on that or your just part of junk mail list.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If I remember correctly, mailed copies of report from bureaus will show softs. Lots of ways to get that.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.