Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your Equifax report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your Equifax report

Equifax has always had its issues and problems, but lately they seem to be of a greater magnitude - items disappearing from reports for diffferent myfico members:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Equifax-reporting-problems/td-p/4882672

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Closed-accounts-do-not-always-stay-in-rep...

Seems worthwile to check your account detail carefully to ensure that some of your accounts have not disappeared on EQ.  This has been noticed as happening to both active and inactive/ closed accounts. I really don't know what exactly is going on with Equifax.

It appears as if this was a problem for myfico members in 2013 as well, and I've seen similar posts from 2015 and 2016:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Equifax-problems/m-p/1820453/highlight/true#M...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check your Equifax report

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax has always had its issues and problems, but lately they seem to be of a greater magnitude - items disappearing from reports for diffferent myfico members:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Equifax-reporting-problems/td-p/4882672

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Closed-accounts-do-not-always-stay-in-report/td-p/4885752

Seems worthwile to check your account detail carefully to ensure that some of your accounts have not disappeared on EQ.  This has been noticed as happening to both active and inactive/ closed accounts. I really don't know what exactly is going on with Equifax.

It appears as if this was a problem for myfico members in 2013 as well, and I've seen similar posts from 2015 and 2016:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Equifax-problems/m-p/1820453/highlight/true#M231141

Something that they are keenly aware of. I spoke with a friend who just left my company to work there in IT and they are aggressively seeking resources in data-linking, data search, and machine learning/neural network building.

I'm going to apply and see what I can scope out. I have frozen my EQ as of tonight because my report is all kinds of jacked up again.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed my EQ VS 3.0 score went up 34 points today from 779 to 813.  I don't see anything that changed.  This is looking at CK though, not my "real" credit report.  According to CK or CCT pulls, my EQ report is 100% clean where the last time I looked at my "real" report I had a 4.5 year old 60 day late on one account.  All I can think of is that this 60 day late came off and resulted in the bump.  I have been pushing hard for goodwill from the creditor with that 60 day late (which is a 120 plus other lessers on EX and TU) so perhaps that finally paid off.  When I can pull my CCT 3B scores again I'll be able to see.  

Or, like this thread suggests, perhaps it's simply an EQ fluke/issue that will work itself out soon enough anyway.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I noticed my EQ VS 3.0 score went up 34 points today from 779 to 813.  I don't see anything that changed.  This is looking at CK though, not my "real" credit report.  According to CK or CCT pulls, my EQ report is 100% clean where the last time I looked at my "real" report I had a 4.5 year old 60 day late on one account.  All I can think of is that this 60 day late came off and resulted in the bump.  I have been pushing hard for goodwill from the creditor with that 60 day late (which is a 120 plus other lessers on EX and TU) so perhaps that finally paid off.  When I can pull my CCT 3B scores again I'll be able to see.  

Or, like this thread suggests, perhaps it's simply an EQ fluke/issue that will work itself out soon enough anyway.

I have been planning to pull all of my scores on myFICO on April 2.  I sure hope that whatever has been going on weird with EQ gets solved by then. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Considering there have been a number of EQ problems not only lately, but for the past two years, I rather doubt this. But thanks anyway.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Considering there have been a number of EQ problems not only lately, but for the past two years, I rather doubt this. But thanks anyway.

I meant work itself out relative to my personal situation, as in it wouldn't surprise me if the 34 points I received with vanish as quickly as they arrived.  I'm not suggesting that all EQ fluke/issues will magicially resolve themselves soon.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I meant work itself out relative to my personal situation, as in it wouldn't surprise me if the 34 points I received with vanish as quickly as they arrived.  I'm not suggesting that all EQ fluke/issues will magicially resolve themselves soon.

Does CK show the item gone?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does CK show the item gone?

That's the thing.. CK never showed the item.  Neither did (does) CCT.  On CCT it says that my last late payment was 4.something years ago but going through every one of my accounts I was never able to find any late payments on EQ (EQ FICO 08 is in the 790's).  In pulling my "real" EQ credit report that I had sent to me in the mail, I do see that on one of my old Synchrony accounts a 60 day late is shown.  This 60 day late should really be a 120+ (as it's displayed on EX and TU) but that account for whatever reason A - Isn't visible on EQ through CK or CCT and B - has the incorrect (lesser) level of lateness severity on it. 

I'm just wondering if this "hidden" baddie on EQ somehow came off completely thus increasing my CK VS 3.0 score 34 points.  I'd have to get another hardcopy of my EQ report in order to verify for sure.  With all of the EQ issue talks around here lately I just sort of chalked it up to EQ being screwy again, but who knows.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got me stumped.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got me stumped.

That makes 2 of us.  It's just odd that the monitoring software is able to pick up on a late payment and say how long ago it was, give reason codes that reference it etc. yet in looking at the accounts it isn't visible.  I know which account it should be of course since I can see the negatives on EX and TU, but it's not visible on EQ.
I'm still anxious to pull my FICO 08's next week from CCT to see if my EQ score went up at all since I got this +34 VS 3.0 bump.  I'll be sure to report back on this one.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.