Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Credit Card: Closed. Sold/Transferred

tag
Mythic850
Contributor

Chevron Credit Card: Closed. Sold/Transferred

Over night my Chevron gas card of two years and in excellent reporting (never late) reported as Closed. Sold/Transferred. Called Chevron and they said a new bank was handling the account. Did this happen to any one else? What's the impact going to be? This account is closed and the new one is not yet reporting. Will the bank show it as "new credit" and lower my score or will it someone transfer the old dates and show as "old credit" even if it is new? Does anyone have experience with this kind of credit provider change? What should I expect?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chevron Credit Card: Closed. Sold/Transferred

Until you see it on your CR or they contact you  its hard to say anything.  They might have cancelled the card completley  but I doubt it.

I  had an account with Dell....it was reporting as Dell....then one day I pulled my CR  and no Dell  it was reported as citi something.   nothing changed as far as info.

You might receive a new card in the mail from the new company.
Message 2 of 7
Mythic850
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They might have cancelled the card completley  but I doubt it.

I  had an account with Dell....it was reporting as Dell....then one day I pulled my CR  and no Dell  it was reported as citi something.   nothing changed as far as info.

You might receive a new card in the mail from the new company.

They said it's still open.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I would wait and see if you get a new card. The reporting of closed/transferred  may only be temp. until the new co. issues CC in their name & gets everyone reported.

Don't let it go too long because showing closed may cut down your UTIL.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-05-2008 07:34 PM
Message 4 of 7
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

I noticed the same thing today! I even posted in the Credit Cards forum to see if anyone else has experienced this since I know there are a lot of Chevron card holders here.

I called and was told that the GEMB takeover actually began last Sunday and that the account is open, just closed through the previous bank, which was Chevron Credit, I believe. The CSR was super, super nice, but I wasn't exactly confident that he could answer my exact questions re: this whole situation.

The weird thing I noticed and I mentioned in my post was that my CRs show GEMB/Chevron as the creditor for the last couple months. The entry today only showed Chevron. Interestingly enough, it only showed "closed/transferred" on EQ and not on TU and EX. EQ is almost always last to report for me, so I guess we will see the outcome as more people chime in.
Message 5 of 7
Mythic850
Contributor

@islandchild82 wrote:
The weird thing I noticed and I mentioned in my post was that my CRs show GEMB/Chevron as the creditor for the last couple months. The entry today only showed Chevron. Interestingly enough, it only showed "closed/transferred" on EQ and not on TU and EX. EQ is almost always last to report for me, so I guess we will see the outcome as more people chime in.

Nice catch! I didn't notice that they entry switched from GEMB/Chevron to Chevron. I just checked and mine did the same. EQ always seems to report first for me. EX is second. and TU a distant third.
Message 6 of 7
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Just posted this in the CC forum

I just pulled my report from CS. As of this morning my EQ shows the closed account AND the new GEMB/Chevron. The new reporting includes my history! TU and EX seem to have updated without the closed account reporting.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.