Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron's minimum FICO and cancelled "Credit Builder" program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevron's minimum FICO and cancelled "Credit Builder" program

I finally got someone at Chevron to cough up some internal info about their credit approval process. Be careful, folks, not to waste an inquiry with them thinking you'll qualify with marginal credit and marginal scores.

Chevron is NO LONGER qualifying anyone for their "credit builder" card program. And a manager told me yesterday that they will not approve anyone with less than a 600 FICO score. Just know this before you apply.

For some reason, Chevron wanted to keep their minimum score "secret" from the public, but I persisted and finally had a lady cough it up.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chevron's minimum FICO and cancelled "Credit Builder" program

Just wanted to bump this news back up... a couple of websites are still reporting old info about Chevron accepting scores less than 600. They are NOT anymore.

Be careful wasting anytime or an inquiry applying for this card!
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

CreditHawk wrote:
Just wanted to bump this news back up... a couple of websites are still reporting old info about Chevron accepting scores less than 600. They are NOT anymore.

Be careful wasting anytime or an inquiry applying for this card!

Just curious, what's your APR on this card?
Message 3 of 4
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Interesting... I just received a pre-approved acceptance certificate from Chevron today. I'm curious to know if this is something worh having. DO they report to the CRA's and is this a credit or charge card?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.