Regular Contributor
CreditHawk

Chevron's minimum FICO and cancelled "Credit Builder" program

I finally got someone at Chevron to cough up some internal info about their credit approval process. Be careful, folks, not to waste an inquiry with them thinking you'll qualify with marginal credit and marginal scores.

Chevron is NO LONGER qualifying anyone for their "credit builder" card program. And a manager told me yesterday that they will not approve anyone with less than a 600 FICO score. Just know this before you apply.

For some reason, Chevron wanted to keep their minimum score "secret" from the public, but I persisted and finally had a lady cough it up.
Regular Contributor
CreditHawk

Re: Chevron's minimum FICO and cancelled "Credit Builder" program

Just wanted to bump this news back up... a couple of websites are still reporting old info about Chevron accepting scores less than 600. They are NOT anymore.

Be careful wasting anytime or an inquiry applying for this card!
Moderator Emeritus
fused

CreditHawk wrote:
Just wanted to bump this news back up... a couple of websites are still reporting old info about Chevron accepting scores less than 600. They are NOT anymore.

Be careful wasting anytime or an inquiry applying for this card!

Just curious, what's your APR on this card?
Established Contributor
Takunda1

Interesting... I just received a pre-approved acceptance certificate from Chevron today. I'm curious to know if this is something worh having. DO they report to the CRA's and is this a credit or charge card?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+