Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chex system information

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Chex system information

No, I was not suggesting that. I was trying to figure out when it happened, before or after you entered the military. Joint debt before you entered the military would still apply. In this case I would try for the mercy of a branch manager. Mistakes happen and it was paid.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

true, thanks again.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for a bank, and worked for 2 previous. Some banks have a newer system that is integrated with the opening of a new account, or more specifically a CIF (customer information file). Depending on where you try to open an account, if the gentleman or lady opening your account says they "Cant do it", sometimes they just cant. Physically it can be kicked back by the computer.

On the plus side, some banks can get around it depending on what financial institution you go to, and if you know any higher-ups. I honestly know if I didn't have approval to open an account, I can't do it. Here's why. If/when I neglect chexsystems, and a customer is on it, and I open the account anyway, that becomes my liability. And if they do some fraudulant activity, im the one bypassing the chex w/o a higher-up signing off on it... I can get canned for not following procedure and costing the bank $. Ive seen it done, and its not worth the risk for me. Also, at my current job, there are reports generated by Chex systems that must coincide with reports for new accounts. Again, I get written up at the least if I don't follow procedure.

I represent 3 banks out of 100's, maybe 1,000's. Everybody has different rules and regulations but this is how I see it on the other side of the coin. I hope this info is a help to some people!!!
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

you may also want to check the chexsystems website. I saw something on there once that there are certain circumstances under which you can take an online fiscal responsibility class and get taken off early. I saw this a while ago so it may or may not still be on there, but it's worth a look especially if the bank says they won't help you. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I have direct access to Chex systems so I will get back to you asap.
Message 15 of 16
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

I had this happen to me also. I sent them a letter and they said they dont change verified info. The next time I pulled my report, tho it had been deleted. I would do a GW letter, and maybe the same thing will happen to you. GOOD LUCK
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.