Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems - Your Checking and Savings Report Info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ChexSystems - Your Checking and Savings Report Info

I came across a website that will provide you a report so you can see the info that banks see when you apply for a checking/savings account -

https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/en/index.htm

This can come in handy if you've had an overdrawn account that was closed. That stays on the report for 5 years and you can be denied if you try to open a checking or savings account.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ChexSystems - Your Checking and Savings Report Info

Many banks and CUs pull Chex. Definitely worth keeping tabs on.

Message 2 of 3
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Re: ChexSystems - Your Checking and Savings Report Info

Definitely worth pulling the free annual report to know what banks are seeing. 

It's actually a more comprehensive picture of the individual than a typical CRA report.  They track not only bounced checks and overdrafts, but liens, evictions, felonies, and more. Most interesting to me is the WealthIndex score that appears to rank your net worth on a scale of 0 to 6. I get a 3, which is about what I would expect having a car and some investment accounts, but not owning my home. Smack dab in the middle...time to start building my real estate empire!

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.