Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystems security freeze

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!!!

OMG!

It does work!  I applied with USbank right now and I was immed given my checking/savings account numbers online.  Just hoping they don't close the account in a week or so. 

Thanks

Message 11 of 16

Re: Chexsystems security freeze

This is a good idea. But how would this affect me if I was trying to obtain a mortgage.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mysstee wrote:

This is a good idea. But how would this affect me if I was trying to obtain a mortgage.

ChexSystems, AFAIAA, is only pulled by banks when you open a deposit account (checking, savings, CD, et al.)

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ressurecting a dead thread.

I don't know how much has changed but if you do a credit freeze and freeze credichex, any random identity thief can theoretically create a bank account and start using it for their gain. right?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!!!

Hey, 

I'm just seeing this and have had a ton of issues with banks closing accounts on me BC of checksystems of EWS. I just placed a freeze and wanted to know how long I should wait before applying for a checking account at US Bank? Did you account stay open? Any other banks that this worked with?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!!!

Hi, 

I just followed your instructions and frooze my CheckSystems. Did US Bank open your account and keep it open? Any other banks this worked with?

Thank you!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.