Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support and Equifax

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Child Support and Equifax

Can't seem to cut and paste it. Maybe dispute via certified Letter and ask them to verify. Experian is not reporting any of this info while TU shows a 132 Dollar high credit balance. This shouldn't be hard to remove since all three are reporting different things entirely. Famous last words I know. LOL. The amounts are bogus.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
4400 per month Brammy. If I miss the sheriff comes knocking. They don't play in NJ.

[soapbox]
I'll tell you where they really don't play: Africa. My roommates are Nigerians, and I asked them what would happen over there if a bunch of commies tried to start hitting divorced fathers up for huge amounts of money to give to the ex. They just laughed and said the government officials who tried anything like that wouldn't live long enough to see the sun go down.

Seriously, you should offshore as much money as possible to a bank in a country that doesn't kiss America's backside, and when you've made contacts over there and can continue whatever trade you have in America, get on a plane and give the government of New Jersey the finger. $4,400 a month is obscene. They have no "right" to do that, any more than a robber has the right to put a gun in your face. You're being robbed.

[/soapbox]

That's what they told me they're going to do: report mine as a monthly bill. Right now I'm behind, but they're garnishing my wages so I'll be caught up in a couple months. Even if I pay my one month of arrears, they'll still garnish me, so what's the point?

Only solution for the child support system is for a giant asteroid to come wipe it all out. Until that happens, we divorced men are hosed. Every night before I go to bed, I pray I'll wake up and find the government annihilated and the earth salted on which it once stood.
Message 12 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
4400 per month Brammy. If I miss the sheriff comes knocking. They don't play in NJ.

[soapbox]
I'll tell you where they really don't play: Africa. My roommates are Nigerians, and I asked them what would happen over there if a bunch of commies tried to start hitting divorced fathers up for huge amounts of money to give to the ex. They just laughed and said the government officials who tried anything like that wouldn't live long enough to see the sun go down.

Seriously, you should offshore as much money as possible to a bank in a country that doesn't kiss America's backside, and when you've made contacts over there and can continue whatever trade you have in America, get on a plane and give the government of New Jersey the finger. $4,400 a month is obscene. They have no "right" to do that, any more than a robber has the right to put a gun in your face. You're being robbed.

[/soapbox]

That's what they told me they're going to do: report mine as a monthly bill. Right now I'm behind, but they're garnishing my wages so I'll be caught up in a couple months. Even if I pay my one month of arrears, they'll still garnish me, so what's the point?

Only solution for the child support system is for a giant asteroid to come wipe it all out. Until that happens, we divorced men are hosed. Every night before I go to bed, I pray I'll wake up and find the government annihilated and the earth salted on which it once stood.

You should tell us how you really feel!  Smiley Tongue
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, if they ever tried that with me, I'd tell them they could have the money when they pried it from my cold, dead fingers.
Message 14 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey, if they ever tried that with me, I'd tell them they could have the money when they pried it from my cold, dead fingers.

You miss the point. This is a bookkeeping problem and only Equifax is picking it up. I don't owe anything and the CRA's all show zero balance with nothing late ever.
Message 15 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

The deal in NJ is if you are 1K in arrears for child support it is reported to the credit bureaus. Fine. It turns out I was targeted by some idiot in the state house and a report was sent to my local probation department for review. Well I was never in arrears so she kicked the report back saying I was current and no action should be taken. Some moron did something because mysteriously the date of report cancellation is exactly the same date Equifax has on their file. Nothing for Experian at all and Transunion is off somewhere in space with their high credit limit of 132 dollars. It is not listed anywhere as a negative account actually it is listed as an account in good standing.Zero balance never late pays as agreed. Shouldn't be on there though at all. So someone w/o my knowledge paid a balance of $4390 to my account. Yeah right. Govt. employees. Ain't they great?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.