Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cingular // ATT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cingular // ATT

Here in the great lone star state (Texas), what CRA do they pull? What should my scores be to avoid a deposit? I have around 5 derogs. on any given report, they are oooooold though. Sorry to post this here, wasnt really sure where else it should go. Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Cingular // ATT

You could try looking at your state on whogavemecredit.com to see who they pull in Texas and what scores are needed and such.

This thread is probably more likely to generate responses in the General Questions forum. You might try reposting this question there also.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this still is the case, but when I got my 4 lines about 5 years ago, all you had to do to be "pre-approved" was have a regular land-line account with them.

My FICOs, I'm sure, were in the proverbial potty when I got my cellular service with them ... if you already have a land-line with them, you might want to ask if that automatically qualifies you for cellular service (and therefore avoid the hard pull).
Message 3 of 9
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

When I got Alltel in 2004 they required a $500 deposit based upon my poor, but unknown score. Just as there are people in banks who know what they pull and the threshold scores, there must be people in the cell business who know what is pulled and the threshold scores.

I'd like an iPhone, but I don't want one badly enough for a deposit and therefore, a wasted INQ.

Four years of perfect history with Alltel later, they give me anything I want and just tack it on the bill.

Whoever said ignorance was bliss never heard of FICO.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Missouri, they pull EQ.  

You may be able to call them and ask also. Some creditors will tell you.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to start another thread for this question, so I guess I'll ask it here.

Out of curiosity, at what FICO score will phone carriers not ask you to put up a deposit?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wesley23 wrote:
I don't want to start another thread for this question, so I guess I'll ask it here.

Out of curiosity, at what FICO score will phone carriers not ask you to put up a deposit?

It isn't all based on FICO scores. If you have phone bills on there that went into collections, most all will require a deposit.

My spouse got approved with alltel with no deposit, FICO scores aren't great, a few unpaid collections/charge offs, but no past phone bills or utility bills. Last time FICO was checked, was mid 500s.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what Im afraid of. I defaulted with sprint around 2001-2002, there is no sprint account on any of my CR. Calvalry (which is my favorite, right next to ASSHAT Acceptance) has a collection on all three CRA on behalf of sprint. BTW, Asset is schelduled for deletion as of Aug/2008 they are hitting EX with (30) 90-day lates. I wont be sad to see them go!!!!!
Message 8 of 9
thevariable
Valued Member

They pull EQ in Illinois, too.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.